2016 ended up being a good year for travel
Some of the highlights included:
I was one of the first people to experience the world newest and largest ship Royal Caribbean’s – Harmony of the Seas. Had a three night mini adventure around the Bahamas on Disney Cruise Lines Disney Dream (the header photo was taken on Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay). Spent some time onboard MSC Cruises, MSC Splendida and finally spend a week cruising down the Rhine onboard Ama Waterways – AmaPrima.
In addition, as part of my membership of the Cruise Lines International Association UK & Ireland (CLIA for short) also I visited:
- Regent Seven Seas – Voyager
- Oceania – Marina
- P&O Cruises – Ventura
- Tauck – Grace
- Uniworld – Antoinette
- Amadeus River Cruises – Amadeus Silver III
- Riviera Travel – William Shakespeare
- Shearings Holidays – Da Vinci
- Emerald Waterways – Emerald Dawn
- CroisiEurope – Lafayette
My travels have taken me to a number of hotels. Of note I stayed at:
- Hotel Palacio de Villapanes – Seville (Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World)
- El Paseo Hotel – Miami Beach
- Intercontinental – Miami
- Hard Rock Hotel – Orlando
- Doubletree Resort Grand Key West – Key West
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek – Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort – Orlando
- Hilton London Wembley – London
- Hilton Frankfurt Airport – Frankfurt
- Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Arena Boulevard – Amsterdam
- Doubletree by Hilton – Milton Keynes
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel & Spa – Chester
The highlight for me as far as flights are concerned was my first ever experience of Virgin Atlantic, Upper Class together with their Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 lounge.
In 2016 we’ve travelled to Hamburg, Amsterdam, Miami, the Florida Keys, Walt Disney World Resort Orlando, Universal Studios Orlando and the Christmas Markets in Frankfurt.
2017 is going to be even better
Already confirmed for 2017 are:
- A number of British Airways Club Europe & Club World flights.
- Finnair short-haul business flights as well as a business class flight in their new long-haul Airbus A350 XWB.
- A river cruise down the Danube with Tauck.
- Cruises onboard P&O Cruises (Britannia) and Royal Caribbean’s (Independence of the Seas).
- Trips to Rio de Janeiro, Paris, Budapest, Prague, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Tallinn.
- We’ll be saying at the Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles, the Four Seasons in Prague, the Hilton Budapest, Relais & Chateaux’s The Three Sisters in Tallinn, Hilton Tallinn, Hilton Helsinki and the Small Luxury Hotels of the World’s Hotel Telegraaf in Tallinn.
In addition we will be onboard the ‘world’s most luxurious cruise ship’, Regent Seven Seas Cruises – Seven Seas Explorer as well as ship visits to Princess Cruises’ (Regal Princess & Crown Princess) and Cunard’s (Queen Mary 2).
Reviews to follow!!!